Known in the industry for her bold, vibrant creative imagery, Tanya takes a unique approach to storytelling through her work. Her clients benefit from her need to genuinely connect with them and to create imagery that reflects this.
Specialising in families and children, Tanya takes particular care to make each shoot as personal as possible, and clients regularly remark that their kids return home talking about their new friend, "Tan".
With over 15 years in the industry, and a career that has encompassed wedding photography, newborn and birth photography, families and more recently, glamour, Tanya is one of Pixel Matrix' most rounded team members.
Tanya's love of conceptual fine art portraiture has led her to be known in the industry as one of Australia's leading creatives, and she is the holder of many state, national and international awards and titles. Clients who book in for a conceptual fine art session with Tanya know that they are going to be walking away with a unique piece of art that will become a talking point for many years to come.
- AIPP Accredited Professional Photographer
- AIPP Master of Photography
- WPPI Associate of Photography
- Bachelor of Science - Counselling and Psychology Major (current)
- 7 x Silver Awards: AIPP EPSON Qld Photography Awards. 1 x Silver Award: Book Category (birth story) at WPPI 2015.
- Top 3 Finalist: Australian Professional Creative Photographer Of The Year 2013.
- Top 3 Finalist: Queensland Professional Family Photographer Of The Year 2013.
- Runner Up Australian Professional Creative Photographer Of The Year 2012.
- Runner Up Qld Professional Family Photographer Of The Year 2012.
- Winner: 2010 National Gardens In Focus Competition – “People: Professional” Category
Tan has recently rediscovered a love for the gym and loves nothing more than ending the day with a training session. She also quotes the following as her favourite things:
"Cuddling up with my kids and my pets. Strawberries and dipping chocolate. Dancing like a crazy woman. Going to the cinema, Gold Class. Going barefoot. Butterfly kisses. Getting surprises. Fresh fruit smoothies (food of the gods!). Making a difference. The goosebumps I get when a beautiful child gazes at me through my lens."